Hello everyone, now that summer break is over we are all slowly getting back into the routine of blogging every week.
I came back from my 5 month vacation snowboarding in Colorado in late march after I tore my medial meniscus snowboarding, I then started off my summer with knee surgery in May. I am working on a lake at the marina again with Kendyl and Megan. I spent the summer working, longboarding, mountain biking, rock climbing, and chilling to quickly sum it up.
I am currently taking 2 classes’ speech and math at the local community college before I get back into being a fulltime student next semester. Why just 2 classes?
1. I started paying my student loans last December and they suck and I am broke. So I decided to make myself temporarily even more broke by paying for my classes this semester in cash to avoid more loans and I could only afford two.
2. I am taking the last of my general education classes which means I need to declare a major so I know what classes to take next. This is a problem because I have no idea what the hell I want to do the rest of my life.
I really did not want to go back to college simply because I want to do too many different things, and several times I almost hit the abort button. Since coming back in March I considered, looked into, or almost did all of the following before ultimately going back to school.
- Joining the Air force
- Joining the navy
- Moving to Seattle (Had a job offer)
- Going back to Colorado (Had a Job offer)
- Peace corps (I filled out the first page of the application)
- Working in Alaska (Friend asked me to work there with him)
- Working in New Zealand (Friend ask me to work there with him)
- Working in California
- Without telling anyone emptying my bank account and leaving to travel the country
- Winning the Lottery
- Conservation corps abroad
- Starting a Company (Had partners and a business plan)
- Buying a one way ticket to Costa Rica to surf and live on a beach for a few years
Ultimately I went back to school which was probably the best choice but I still have no idea what career path I want to take. I wish traveling the world with friends and having fun was the description of a decent paying job because that’s all I want to do (I’m pumped for London in November).
Also this winter I will probably work as a snowboard instructor at our local ski area, I am pretty excited to spend a second straight winter working on a snowboard.
PS. Community college sucks
Peace, Love, and Happiness
Live A Little