As of yesterday, my semester/year has finally ended, and to be honest it’s kind of bittersweet. Coming to Mizzou was never really a plan that I had planned on following through with. Though it’s been an adventure adjusting to this new environment, I feel like I made the right choice, and I hope that I’ll be able finish my education here (fingers crossed for nursing school!). That isn’t to say that I regret my year at Jewell, because I don’t. But I guess if there’s one thing I regret it’s not making the decision to come to Mizzou first, if that makes sense… Haha.
This Spring semester has most definitely, hands down, been the most challenging/stressful semester I have ever gone through. This week especially. I hate finals. It probably could almost classify as a miracle that I’ve even made it out alive. But still, for the most part I’ve enjoyed every class that I was in.
Here are some highlights/lessons learned/favorite memories of my year at Mizzou (in no particular order or importance).
- Getting my first speeding ticket, also getting my first parking ticket (the latter was yesterday, when I almost missed my last final.)
- Seeing Imagine Dragons preform… FOR FREE. And seeing Passion Pit and Matt & Kim for a small fee.
- Being sick for 6 weeks. Not cool man. I’m better now though.
- Microbiology 2800. I don’t care who you are/what your major is, you need to take this class to know the hilarity/awesomeness that is Dr. Furrer. Besides that, subject matter/teaching wise, it’s probably the best class I have ever taken. Ever.
- Getting 2.5 snow days.
- I can procrastinate like no body’s business. Thank you Netflix, FB, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and Imgur. That being said, apparently my body can’t handle stress that is usually a result of procrastination very well (see point #3).
- The closest I got to an all-nighter was sleeping only for 2 hours…. On many, many, many nights.
- Ellis library is freaking awesome. Although scary as well (I’m sure librarian Kendyl could tell you more so than I can)
- Getting a lot of free things, including shirts and lots of food.
- Attractive male in my history class. He was real attractive.
- I miss music/violin more than I thought I would, probably one downside to coming to MU.
- I’ve been able to appreciate my family and KC a lot more now that I’m 123 miles/1.5 hours away.
- The basement of the Student Union has very comfy couches that are GREAT for naps.
- I probably spent too much in the bookstore on clothing/apparel and books. Gosh I really hate buying books.
- Never take a “5 minute nap” during a study break. It never ends up being 5 minutes, no matter how hard you try to make it last only 5 minutes.
I can’t believe that I’ve just finished my 2nd year of college. CRAZY!! However I’m getting super excited for summer! Even though I’m going to be so majorly busy, wahhhh!!
Peace out for now!
PS. Sorry Cathy for kind of copying the premise of your post!!
PPS. I just got a little depressed, guys. I googled Kansas City Explorers to find out their schedule this summer. I found out that they’re moving to Irving TX because there wasn’t enough corporate support in KC to keep there here. 😦