My semester was officially over as of Tuesday. I had 4 finals within two days, 3 of them being on Tuesday. And my grades are looking to be pretty decent this semester. I know they probably could have been better if it weren’t for my extreme laziness. Seriously, this probably has been the hardest semester for me to get through, not because of course content, but lack of motivation. Anyway I’m in CoMo for a few more days because they require my courtseying at HV. Poo.
I don’t really have much to blog about since I’ve mainly just had a lot of free time and not very many responsibilities to fulfill. But here are some highlights of what my first free days of break:
- Tuesday I worked in the deli department! They had a huge catering order for the hospital. I basically made cocktail sandwiches for 6 hours. And I used the slicer to slice tomatoes. I love using the slicer. I also worked with the new manager. He told me if I ever need extra hours to let him know. Might have to take him up on that. I miss them in the deli.
- Today I caught up on the newest episodes of New Girl, and also watched Into The Wild, and Harry Potter 8.
- Today I also went shopping and spent too much money. But I got some good deals! That’s always important.
- My backpack still smells like coffee because some basics decided to spill their coffee on the floor during my Physiology final, and I didn’t notice it and set my backpack right in it, thus soaking the bottom of my backpack and the bottom of all the contents inside. I was peeved.
- I had TWO decent length conversations with our attractive neighbor this week in the hallway. I’m always good at being awkward and saying awkward things, which makes for awkward times. And of course, I was looking pretty nast nast both times. WAHHHH.
- I spent an extensive amount of time researching the Taylor Swift and Jake Gyllenhaal relationship. Mainly because RED is one of my favorite songs right now, and there were speculations that it’s about the T+J relationship. Did you know that the RED album is mostly about that relationship? Fun fact.
- Benedict Cumberbatch is out promoting the newest Hobbit installment. So I’ve also spent an extensive amount of time YouTubeing those videos. It’s the only logical thing to do. He’s so awesome.
That’s all for this week.
Peace out, girl scouts.
As of yesterday, my semester/year has finally ended, and to be honest it’s kind of bittersweet. Coming to Mizzou was never really a plan that I had planned on following through with. Though it’s been an adventure adjusting to this new environment, I feel like I made the right choice, and I hope that I’ll be able finish my education here (fingers crossed for nursing school!). That isn’t to say that I regret my year at Jewell, because I don’t. But I guess if there’s one thing I regret it’s not making the decision to come to Mizzou first, if that makes sense… Haha.
This Spring semester has most definitely, hands down, been the most challenging/stressful semester I have ever gone through. This week especially. I hate finals. It probably could almost classify as a miracle that I’ve even made it out alive. But still, for the most part I’ve enjoyed every class that I was in.
Here are some highlights/lessons learned/favorite memories of my year at Mizzou (in no particular order or importance).
- Getting my first speeding ticket, also getting my first parking ticket (the latter was yesterday, when I almost missed my last final.)
- Seeing Imagine Dragons preform… FOR FREE. And seeing Passion Pit and Matt & Kim for a small fee.
- Being sick for 6 weeks. Not cool man. I’m better now though.
- Microbiology 2800. I don’t care who you are/what your major is, you need to take this class to know the hilarity/awesomeness that is Dr. Furrer. Besides that, subject matter/teaching wise, it’s probably the best class I have ever taken. Ever.
- Getting 2.5 snow days.
- I can procrastinate like no body’s business. Thank you Netflix, FB, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and Imgur. That being said, apparently my body can’t handle stress that is usually a result of procrastination very well (see point #3).
- The closest I got to an all-nighter was sleeping only for 2 hours…. On many, many, many nights.
- Ellis library is freaking awesome. Although scary as well (I’m sure librarian Kendyl could tell you more so than I can)
- Getting a lot of free things, including shirts and lots of food.
- Attractive male in my history class. He was real attractive.
- I miss music/violin more than I thought I would, probably one downside to coming to MU.
- I’ve been able to appreciate my family and KC a lot more now that I’m 123 miles/1.5 hours away.
- The basement of the Student Union has very comfy couches that are GREAT for naps.
- I probably spent too much in the bookstore on clothing/apparel and books. Gosh I really hate buying books.
- Never take a “5 minute nap” during a study break. It never ends up being 5 minutes, no matter how hard you try to make it last only 5 minutes.
I can’t believe that I’ve just finished my 2nd year of college. CRAZY!! However I’m getting super excited for summer! Even though I’m going to be so majorly busy, wahhhh!!
Peace out for now!
PS. Sorry Cathy for kind of copying the premise of your post!!
PPS. I just got a little depressed, guys. I googled Kansas City Explorers to find out their schedule this summer. I found out that they’re moving to Irving TX because there wasn’t enough corporate support in KC to keep there here. 😦
I love Snapchat. And I really love seeing the beautifully awkward faces of my friends for a few moments, it really brightens my day.
Finals are in full swing. Holy Moly! The stress level I am at right now is probably not healthy. Also, the amount of caffeine I have consumed and will consume by the end of this week will not be healthy. My eyes are already doing funny things and I haven’t been looking at a computer screen, I’ve been reading essays like it was my job. It’s awful. I hate English so so much. I am so bad at it and I hate it. I hate English. I will be done with this class on Tuesday morning, so only a solid 24 hours of working on this portfolio and I’m done. However, I have to study for my cumulative Meteorology exam that is Monday afternoon while finishing this portfolio. I’ll bet you $4 that cumulative is the worst word you can hear the week before finals.
On a completely different note: I have a gnarly sunburn on my legs. It looked almost purple yesterday and is still radiating heat. It’s great… but no worries, I can wear shorts here because it’s warm and don’t have to worry about jeans rubbing up against my legs. Also, I noticed I only have tight pants- not fun with a sunburn y’all.
Well I better stop my study break and get back to it! Can’t wait to see you all soon, and in one piece.
This monday has been an okay one so far. I woke up at noon and got ready by 4pm. I found This Old House on my tv with cable! (which is like my favorite show ever besides Ask This Old House). And tonight starts the midnight snacks at the dining hall- I think tonight is chili cheese covered things.
I spent the weekend at the Broyer’s house in Castle Rock just to get away from campus before Finals aka week of dread. And It snowed like crazy on Saturday night. It was gorgeous. In Greeley it’s been so dry. It snowed for 3 days in a row in October which was super, but not a flake since so I’m a little disappointed. Also, Tori’s neighbors collaborated to make the best Christmas lights display that is synched to a radio station. It is literally the craziest thing I’ve ever seen, even more out-there than Kendyl’s neighbor and that one house on Liberty street with the house-sized sleigh in the front yard. (if you haven’t seen it yet, shame shame)
No one in Greeley is that crazy about Christmas lights, so I’m excited to go down to the plaza and see the lights! But- I must make it through finals week first. Bleh- There are too many pins on pinterest that describe my feelings about finals that I spend hours in the library laughing at pictures more than I do studying. I hate the library and have only been 5 times this semester, 4 of them being last week and this week “studying” for finals. Last week was horrible. I had 2 finals on Thursday that I was not prepared for. My Geography final required me to take 4 online quizzes over 8 chapters in the book which were due at 7am on Thursday and I started them at 11pm Wednesday. And our library closes at midnight (which is the stupidest thing ever, for real) so 4 of my friends and I went searching for a place that stayed open past midnight. The only place we could find was McDonalds. I was so looking forward to going to IHOP and smelling syrup but it was closed, boo. Mickey-D’s was not only the last resort for studying, but was THE place to be to fix the drunchies (drunk-munchies) after hitting up Whiskey River. We met a lot of great people. One freshman boy had lots of interest in our table of studying and was real chatty for a long time. He talked to us for about 10 minutes and right before he left he told me that I was the prettiest person at the table and wanted to know what my thoughts were on dating. That ended well. And the story has more detail but it’s better to tell in person. But my things did get done and I know I got an A on one final and a solid B on the other!
Good luck on your finals week, I hope freshmen don’t distract you too much and more studying gets done than snacking (:
See you soon!!
p.s. Derek please be safe with all the new passes opening, also you should make a snowman and post a picture of it and you standing next to it so we know you have all of your limbs over break..
p.p.s Happy Birthday Week Cathy!!!! ❤
I’ve lost all of the motivation recently. And I know for a fact that it’s because I have one week left of the semester. Thanksgiving break wasn’t very helpful either because all I did was lounge around. What made it worse was that I signed up for the 1 week trial of Hulu. So I just watched Glee, The Office, New Girl, and The Only Way is Essex (British reality show that’s a cross between Jersey Shore and The Hills, except not as trashy as Jersey Shore) pretty much the whole week on my iPad (decided not to bring it back to CoMo because I knew it was going to be a distraction especially at the end of the semester). Oh and I ate lots of yummy food, and went shopping on Black Friday at a normal hour. I probably spent a little bit more than I needed to.
Anyway, since I only have one final to take (if I decide to take it at all) during finals week, I will be starting my break about a week early! Next Thursday is the last day of classes and I will probably be going home then! If I decided to take the final I’ll road trip back that next Thursday. I got super lucky for that to happen. But now I just have to get through the next week which contains many assignments and tests. Lovely.
Kendyl’s Christmas Tree
After Thanksgiving break, the townhouse got festive! Kendyl put up her tree, and I put up Christmas lights in my room. And I’ve pretty much been listening to only Christmas music since Thanksgiving. I highly recommend A Very She & Him Christmas. It is fantastic. Now all I am waiting for is for it to snow a lot. I love the Christmas season! I’m going to try to get crafty for it this year… Maybe some sugar cookies and some decorations (thank you Pinterest).
Today the K’s went to pick up Kellan’s new friend, Leia. She’s the cutest and sweetest and seems to be adjusting well to her new environment.
Did any of you buy a PowerBall ticket yesterday?! I had my doubts, but I was like if I don’t buy one, there won’t be a chance of winning at all. Not like the chances of me winning was 1 in 175,223,510 or anything. So I gave in and purchased a ticket. Unfortunately my ticket didn’t match a single number. It stung a little bit more when I found out one of the winning tickets was sold in our state. So disappointing. Maybe one day…