Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! I hope you all are with your loved ones eating/about to eat/already ate a lot of turkey, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, and whatever else you love to eat during this holiday.
In honor of today, here are 15 things I’m thankful for (in no particular order).
- My 3 parents who have worked their asses off to give me a life they never had. I can only hope to be half as good as they are one day. They’ve done a damn good job.
- The rest of my family. They’re all so loving and supportive. I love them.
- Being able to graduate high school and continue on to college. WCHS wasn’t the ideal high school but it still is an accomplishment that I got out of there.
- Mentors/teachers who have always pulled the best out of me. You all saw what I could be and challenged me to reach farther.
- The Guy above for everything I have and am living in today.
- Being able to live comfortably. I have a roof over my head, hot water to shower in, food to eat, and a bed to sleep in. That’s more than some others can say.
- My Asian-ness and its awesome food. Let’s be honest, it’s some awesome goodness. And Chinese New Year is always a plus.
- People that I can call my good friends. Especially you all here at C2C. Seriously guys, I’m so glad we’ve been able to keep in touch so long after high school. Love you guys.
- Being healthful and youthful and alive. I’m still a-going. Hopefully it’ll stay this way for some time.
- Living somewhere where I can see all the seasons. I’ll admit, I hate the heat when it is summer, and I hate the cold in winter but I love being able to see the seasons change.
- My life in general. It has had some turbulence, but it’s been a pretty good journey so far.
- Classical music. As “stuck-up” or “preppy” as this genre may seem, there is always a piece that fits every mood. I love it. And without this basic foundation to begin with, we wouldn’t have any music at all.
- A sane mind. That’s always a good thing, right?
- A cavity-less mouth!! Went to the dentist yesterday. I feel like all the college kids went to the dentist yesterday too… haha.
- Turkey. Mashed potatoes. Pumpkin pie. Pumpkin flavored everything. I’m thankful for this holiday and its awesome food. Heck yes.
What are you thankful for?